Sunday, February 21, 2010

Options for fixing paint peeling on rear car bumper?

I noticed a small, quarter size gap of paint missing from my rear bumper, there is a very very small scratch, but nothing to indicate it had been hit by another car.. I noticed after feeling it, some of the paint just flakes off.. I know this may be a sign of a poor quality paint job, as I had that bumper replaced nearly a year ago after someone rear ended me, but my friends say that the gap will continually grow larger as the paint falls off..I don't want to have to have the whole bumper sanded down and repainted just yet, it is costly.. what are my options?Options for fixing paint peeling on rear car bumper?
Take it back to the shop that painted it the first time and have them repaint it again at no charge...paint should not peel off if it was done properly and no evidence of a hit from another car---probably not prepped correctly. If it was an insurance claim and the shop gives you a hard time, get the insurance company involved---should have some kind of warranty on the repairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment