Thursday, February 25, 2010

How do I keep paint on plastic (i.e bottles, picture frames, etc.)( without chipping or peeling off?

I have a small business that personalizes different items like clear plastic picture frames, key chains, sports water bottles, bulletin boards, etc. I have been using paint pens on plastic, however after it dries, I can peal it off. Any suggestions?How do I keep paint on plastic (i.e bottles, picture frames, etc.)( without chipping or peeling off?
http://www.krylon.com/main/product_templ鈥?/a>How do I keep paint on plastic (i.e bottles, picture frames, etc.)( without chipping or peeling off?
use sand paper so the paint will stick
You would have to talk to the Plastics factory and ask what they recommend. There are plastic primers out there. example: PrepRite by Sherwin Williams, or use weldbond glue 5parts water 1part glue, brush on, dry., spray on a clear protective coating to protect your paint as well. Make sure the products you use are compatible with the top coat. (laquer based sprays are not comptatible with waterbased)





Weldbond is cheap and safe to use with most products.


www.welbond.com
There is actually spray paint for plastic now. It can be purchased at most home stores, wal-mart etc.
There's a special formulation for paint to make it bond to plastics. I think it's called Fusion paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment