Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The house I live in has cement floor just in the laundry room in the basement.Its peeling n gross can I paint?

Can I paint over it fairly easily and what is the best paint to use for a cement basement floor? The rest of the basement is finished except for this eyesore area and I hate walking on that floor because paint always chips off.The house I live in has cement floor just in the laundry room in the basement.Its peeling n gross can I paint?
You can buy floor paint that is meant for exactly that. Any hardware or building store sells it. It is no different than painting the walls.The house I live in has cement floor just in the laundry room in the basement.Its peeling n gross can I paint?
Hi,





I am a professional Decorator and I would definately not recommend painting it. Instead, I would just lay down an underlay and then put down carpet which will be slightly more expensive but it will produce a much better result. You can carpet a floor yourself aswell. It's not too difficult.





Alternatively, since it's a laundry room, you can tile the floor which will be slightly more cost effective but will require some more time.





If you really do want to paint it then you can just go into any local shop that sells paint and ask for Cement floor paint or Cement floor stain.

No comments:

Post a Comment