Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Why is the old paint on my wall peeling as I try to put new paint over it?

I'm painting over a wall in a place I just bought. The wall is a hideous dark green, and I'm trying to make it beige.





As I roll it, many air bubbles are forming in the paint. I popped one to see what was going on, and the old paint came up with the new revealing white dry wall underneath.





I painted a pink room beige yesterday without a problem using the same paint.





Help!Why is the old paint on my wall peeling as I try to put new paint over it?
It's because the paint they used is coming off the wall, they may not have cleaned the wall before painting nor did they use a primer. That is why they recommend the proper procedure on the paint cans. So now you have the mess to deal with, so get some TSP and clean the wall down, use a scraper to knock off the loose chips and get a good primer like Kilz and use it before you use your finish paint. Good luckWhy is the old paint on my wall peeling as I try to put new paint over it?
The paint is too loos, it was probably the wrong type of paint for that surface, a roller has a bit of a suction to it so it grabs the loos paint under neath and sticks to the roller,





If the paint is that loos then what you can do is simply take a vacuum and vacuum the wall, you can put the nozzle right in the wall that should remove the loos paint, plus you have less to clean up than from scraping.

No comments:

Post a Comment