Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I just painted my garage sheetrock wall with two coats of semi-gloss paint. Now it is peeling off. WHY?

This paint is peeling off in some spots with a powder texture on the other side from the sheetrock. How do I get the paint off the sheetrock without taking of the texture on the wall?


What is the best way to paint sheetrock walls in the garage.I just painted my garage sheetrock wall with two coats of semi-gloss paint. Now it is peeling off. WHY?
Zinzler (?) paint is awesome but its oil based, smelly, and messy - but covers EVERYTHING - and Kilz is also great and fortunately is latex based and not so smelly. Primer is the key to fresh sheetrock.





Getting the paint off the sheetrock w/o removing the texture? I'd say remove it all then worry about retexturing with sheetrock mud after. I think that would be much less of a battle than trying to remove it w/o removing the texturing.I just painted my garage sheetrock wall with two coats of semi-gloss paint. Now it is peeling off. WHY?
http://home-interiors.suite101.com/artic鈥?/a>











The paint is for interiors....
You need to prime it then paint it.





By the way to contribute anything you may have built out of wood please post it on http://woodworking.moion-forum.net.
Prime with PVA... THen Paint. . .
You need to use a primer for one , no scrape off what ever paint comes off and apply a coat of primer then paint over it.
you have to prime sheetrock first my friend and clean off any dust that may have been left from sanding
you need to prime the rock first.

No comments:

Post a Comment