Thursday, February 25, 2010

How to use normal paint to paint tiles and make them last longer w/o peeling off?

i am doing renovation for my place. most prob will be using nippon, but there are ugly white old tile in the kitchen and bathroom, wana use paint to cover them w/ a toneHow to use normal paint to paint tiles and make them last longer w/o peeling off?
Ok, tiles are usually hard ceramic coated.





Now, I would wash them in a mild acid, to take a bit of the coating off, and then scuff them up some more, and hit them with an enamel, or even a latex paint.





If you use latex, then you cant wash them, or the latex will peel, enamel you can wash and no peeling.





Ive heard of people using kiltz as a prewash before painting, so you may want to try that.





I wish you well...





JesseHow to use normal paint to paint tiles and make them last longer w/o peeling off?
Hi Joanna! I'm fr S'pore 2 %26amp; I noe wat u were referring 2. I'm doin my kitchen nw %26amp; hacking of wall tiles r damn Xpensive. Dey r so ugly wif stupid patterns on them. Cn u tell me hw urs turned out %26amp; walk me thru da process step-by-step. Tnx.

Report Abuse



you can scuff up the tile, then use a primer then use a good enamel paint.
Try these two websites, I think they can answer your questions.Interiordec.com %26amp; grahampaint.com
Basically, once you've applied the paint, you'll want to clear coat with a sealant. That way when you go to wash the tile you'll not wipe off the paint.
What ever you do don't use waterbased paint because it will come off when wet. Try using a permanent enamel paint. That way the only way of getting it off is with paint thinner. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment