Thursday, February 25, 2010

The paint in my bathroom shower keeps peeling and flaking.?

My landlord gave me the same paint that he used initially and it ';amazingly'; does the same thing. I need to know a brand/type of paint that will not peel or flake in an heat/moisture environment.The paint in my bathroom shower keeps peeling and flaking.?
Actually, the problem probably isn't your paint. You probably need better ventilation in your bathroom. Do you have a fan/vent? Run it whenever you take a shower. If you are, have your landlord take a look at it. There are some good sealing paints out there, but no matter what it is, it needs to dry off!The paint in my bathroom shower keeps peeling and flaking.?
Not knowing the stores around you I wont go into brands... But most manufacturers make a mildew resistant paint. It will live up to the moisture. Also, prep the area well, use a primer coat it if needed. And in my experience these types of paint mean it when they say use in well ventilated areas.
who paints their shower? it should be tiled or fiberglass so that the paint wont do that, so the drywall doesnt get wet and rot and the wood doesnt rot etc etc etc
Your landlord needs to replace the paint with one of the tub surrounds, he will have more money in paint eventually that what a tub surround would cost, paint will always eventually peel and flake in a shower.
your problem sounds more like preparation than paint, sand and seal. remember painting is 98% preparation , 2% painting

No comments:

Post a Comment