Thursday, February 25, 2010

How do I paint my tin ceilings. When I bought the house 2 years ago they were fine. Now they are peeling and

flaking and look a mess. Is there some special kind of sealant to apply first? Then what kind of paint should be applied? Is there special ';tin ceiling paint';, if not, gloss paint? Thanks for input.How do I paint my tin ceilings. When I bought the house 2 years ago they were fine. Now they are peeling and
Unfortunately, who ever painted them in the first place probably didn't use primer nor a paint specifically formulated for metal. Now you have to sand off the loose and peeling paint, prime and repaint. I do not recommend using any of the commercially made paint strippers because they are difficult to use on raised patterns as the scraping often damages the design and the mess it will create is not worth it (Plus, most are extremely toxic, have horrible fumes and will drip.)





There are specially formulated paints for metal that will adhere and perform better. Rustoleum is one that has both a primer and paints that come in a variety of colors and are long lasting and durable. In any case, you are in for a lot of work because working on the ceiling is such a chore.How do I paint my tin ceilings. When I bought the house 2 years ago they were fine. Now they are peeling and
i just saw this on hgtv!! peel of the paint and then use primer first and the repaint the ceiling lol and it should be pretty cute
they make a special paint for it now...here is the link to diy painting tin ceilings


http://www.heritageceilings.com.au/paint鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment