Thursday, February 25, 2010

My bathtubs were refinished with a white paint finish when i bought my place. Now the finish is peeling off.?

How can i remove the finish without ruining the original porcelan?My bathtubs were refinished with a white paint finish when i bought my place. Now the finish is peeling off.?
I had my bath tub refinished professionally and the same thing happened to me. What happens is that over time if you take baths or long shower the water manages to get under any microscopic fracture. You can drop a plastic bottle into the tub and it might crack the paint. Water does not get under the crack, but over time it will fracture more and more until it finds it's way under the paint. This happened to me three times and I had the contractor come back and fix it. Finally I sold the house and the new people replaced the bath tub.My bathtubs were refinished with a white paint finish when i bought my place. Now the finish is peeling off.?
Did the previous owner actually painted the tub themselves?


if they did you might need to call a pro and either get the tub re glazed or replace it with a new one . Get an estimate and compare the price first, then you decide!


They probably painted over to cover up the chips and marks , the buggers!
Oooopppsss! You can buy a unit that fits over the whole tub and walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment