Saturday, February 27, 2010

The paint is peeling off the drywall. I've scraped all I can off. What's the best way to get the rest off?

You may want to use a paint remover.There are many in the market - check if the paint remover is for wood, wall or metalThe paint is peeling off the drywall. I've scraped all I can off. What's the best way to get the rest off?
Get a sander to remove the rest and use a mask so you don't breath in the particles. That is assuming this is not lead paint of course. Then mud and prime.The paint is peeling off the drywall. I've scraped all I can off. What's the best way to get the rest off?
Rent a sander.


Use primer and good paint next time
Paint over it.
If it's drywall, you don't have to remove it. Just be sure to sand where it's scraped or peeled. If you're going from a dark to light color, use a primer and be ready to put on at least two coats of paint.
You really don't need to get it all off if you are repainting with a quality paint. You can sand it (if it doesn't contain lead). Use a good primer.
try using spirit to take out remaining paint

No comments:

Post a Comment