Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How do I remove paint that is cracking and peeling on several windows on the outside of my house?

One method I found to be the best in removing cracked and peeling paint on windows is with a Heat gun. You can buy one at any home improvement center like Lowe's and Home Depot for around 15 to 20 dollars. Its so much better than power washing because you can control the paint chip mess and your not having to wait 3 or 4 days for everything to dry out. A heat gun removes the old paint thoroughly and more evenly for a smoother finish and when your done the windows just look better. Its real effective in cases when the paint is alligatoring. If you decide to do this then be sure to buy a good scrapper (5in1) and a pair of gloves. Use an old Blanket or Sheet for a drop cloth. How do I remove paint that is cracking and peeling on several windows on the outside of my house?
i would start with scraping first. then perhaps, depending upon how bad it is and how many layers of paint, i would apply some stripper once I have scraped. i would not power wash until i have at least scrape and strip as much as I can. Power washing is after everything is scraped, stripped and just before beginning your new paint job. How do I remove paint that is cracking and peeling on several windows on the outside of my house?
A power washer would be the fastest way, then go over with a scraper, then light sanding and primer. If you want it to look nice unfortunateley you have to use elbow grease.






This job take a lot of times and dedicate work,if you have water power washer or sander must be easier for you.
  • default myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment