Saturday, February 27, 2010

The paint on my Toyota Corolla is peeling. It is past warranty but only 3yrs old. Who can I complain to?

It is under the 3 yeasr but over 8,000 miles on the warranty (3 yr/36,000). The paint is clearly a defect from the manufacturer as it is bubbling and peeling on the bumper only. The dealership won't cover it. A good quality company like Toyota should not havedefects like this happening on vehicles under 3 years.The paint on my Toyota Corolla is peeling. It is past warranty but only 3yrs old. Who can I complain to?
well, gm gives a 7 year unlimited mile paint warranty, if toyota won't fix it at no cost, I'll buy it from you and sell you an new impala or somethingThe paint on my Toyota Corolla is peeling. It is past warranty but only 3yrs old. Who can I complain to?
I work in a Toyota service department...that should be warranty. The warranty on paint is 5 years, unlimited mileage. I am also in Canada, so our warranty may be different. I would suggest going to another dealership, or contacting Toyota directly.
I have this problem with my lexus as well except it's on my sideview mirrors and my door handles....
complain directly to toyota, there should be a number or web site at the back of your owners manual, they should be willing to correct the problem, and I agree with you three years is pretty early for the paint to be peeling.
That seems to be a problem of corolla bumpers. I suggest you go straight to toyota about this.
Since when is toyota a good quality company? You can try writing a letter to the company.
try going to another dealership
I bought a red Solara Sport on Feb. 28, 2007. The paint is chipping off really bad already, not just one localized place, the hood, roof, side mirrors, ect... Also, tons of little white scratches in several different places. I have not driven the car off of the pavement, every car I have ever owned I take very good care of. I emailed Toyota Corp. and expressed my concern over the paint possibly being defective, they suggested that I take it back to the dealership so that they can properly diagnose the problem, so I am doing that next week. However, from all the research I have done on the net thus far, I imagine that they will tell me that it is ';normal wear and tear'; seems like that is what they generally tell people. I feel the paint is definitely defective. Since finding all of the chips and scratches on my own car I have made it a point to check out any other newer Toyotas that I see and they too have several chips and white scratches on them. I am so disappointed because I really do love this car. I just wonder what it is going to look like in about a year from now if @ 2 months it looks worse than my previous car that was driven every day for 6 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment