Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The latex paint that was painted over the oil paint in my home is peeling. How can I remove it easily?

I've tried scraping, and some of the paint comes off very easily--other times it won't come off at all. I've tried sanding, but that doesn't work well either. My walls are plaster and it pretty good shape. I was hoping there might be some sort of treatment I might be able to use to make the latex paint come off easier so I can use some primer and PROPERLY repaint the walls.





Thanks so much!


JThe latex paint that was painted over the oil paint in my home is peeling. How can I remove it easily?
Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) liquefies the oldest paint. Wet paint thoroughly and cover with plastic to prevent evaporation. Paint will wash off with water after a short time. Latex paint may be removed from clothing by soaking followed by machine washing. The results are gratifying. Remember that alcohol is quite flammable. Detergent and water will remove latex before it driesThe latex paint that was painted over the oil paint in my home is peeling. How can I remove it easily?
try heat or steam and a wide putty knife, check with your local hardware store they have the tools for just this type of job
Go To Home Depot
try the paint stripper (latex based) from your local home depot. and try it i hope it will help
Try using steam. This works for adhesive wallpaper glue too!

No comments:

Post a Comment