Thursday, February 25, 2010

Is it possible for the paint on my car to already be peeling?

I was ran off the road about 2 months ago into a pretty bumby ditch...I have a 97 Eclipse RS wich sits pretty low it tore out my fog lights and scratched up the bottom of my front bumber and now a lot of the paint has peeled of to the yellow layer ...Why is this? I went ahead and put in the claim with my insurance becuase it looks pretty bad now??Is it possible for the paint on my car to already be peeling?
yeah thats a special paint they use is like a rubber paint flexible so if you damamge it that can happenIs it possible for the paint on my car to already be peeling?
yes, if you failed to prep the body correctly. Did you use a degreaser ? How did you apply the new coat? How many coats ? What type of enamel or lacquer?


Did it dry correctly? Lots of things can cause a crappy outcome.
Ok, this is b/c your bumper is made up of one or two types of materials. 1 is that its fiberglass, so when you hit the ground with it, it made little cracks b/c it was stressed and that causes the paint to crack b/c its attached to the fiberglass.


2nd your bumber is rubber type fiberglass, there is really no diffrence and nobody usually uses this anymore. Anyways,when you hit the ground the front clip got bent causing the paint to break.


You have to remember, Paint is not flexible, even though its coated to the body of the car. Think of paint like its a shell to the body, like a shell to an egg. if you crack the shell, which is pretty easy if it gets bent or get pressure applied to it. I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment