Sunday, February 21, 2010

What goes on the walls before semi gloss paint to prevent peeling?

We just recently had a friend paint our bedrooms and bathroom. One side of the bathroom wall started peeling. My six year old helped the process along but I have got that area totally peeled and prepped to be painted again. But what do I paint the wall with or prep it with before I put on the off white semi-gloss paint so it will not peel again?What goes on the walls before semi gloss paint to prevent peeling?
If the wall is very slick, you may need to sand it, but a coat of primer first - Kilz is a common brand - should take care of the problem.

1 comment:

  1. I wished that would work for me. I have 2 coats of Kilz2 primer and 2 coats of Valspar Signature semi-gloss with primer, and my wall still peeled.

    ReplyDelete