Thursday, February 11, 2010

Why is the paint peeling off the wall behind my fridge freezer?

I have just moved my fridge freezer and the paint is flaking off the wall behind it, I hoovered the wall and lots came off. The plaster underneath is not damp. Is it because the freezer gives off something?Why is the paint peeling off the wall behind my fridge freezer?
Yes it gives off heat which shrinks the paint. You have it too close to the wall.


Lining paper would be better you could paint it with emulsion and dont put the freezer quite so close.Why is the paint peeling off the wall behind my fridge freezer?
it is highly unlikely to be heat,, you probably have a slight damp or condensation ( air circulation ) problem, check further along the wall,if it all seems ok move fridge further from wall or somewhere else entirely.
It's the heat from the back of the fridge freezer. Air needs to circulate, I believe it should be at least 10mm from the wall!
might be heat from the coils

No comments:

Post a Comment