Thursday, February 11, 2010

What should I do about paint peeling off inside a microwave oven?

Some paint came off the area under the turntable.What should I do about paint peeling off inside a microwave oven?
Their is microwave specialty paint but it is super expensive and usually only sold to repair shops (last I bought some I think it was $36 a can). As cheap as microwaves are now it makes no sense to repair it. If the paint is peeling it will arc and burn out magnetron but being under the turntable you might get by. Plan on buying a new one.What should I do about paint peeling off inside a microwave oven?
dump it. the microwave that is
Don't use it! There is microwave safe touch up paint you can buy, but it's really hard to find. I could not find it where I live so I called the 1-800 number on the back of my GE and they sent me a 1 oz. bottle of white, It didn't match but it did work.GOOD LUCK!!!
I believe you are ready for a new microwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment