Sunday, February 21, 2010

Peeling Paint?

I work in NYC in the basement of a building in mid-town. Now my desk sits against a wall that has peeling paint. Should I be concerned and voice my opinion a bit more about lead poisoning? Ive read up on lead poisoning and its symptoms and there are a few that Ive picked up over the years sitting against this wall. Or am I being paranoid?Peeling Paint?
if the paint is over twenty years old I would be concernedPeeling Paint?
Just to be safe I would attempt to find out the age (appx.) of that paint job. If it dates back to the early 70's, it may be lead based. If that paint is that old, think about the possibilty of exposed asbestos in there too. It was also in the 70's that widespread use of asbestos ceased and removal began.
Be paranoid only if its old paint because yes it may contain lead. You should talk to one of your managers about it. Have something done.
  • default myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment