Thursday, February 18, 2010

Need Help! I have painted over wall paper now paint is peeling I need to remove all of the paint I have sanded

but the paint that has not peeled I cant remove I want to get rid of all of the paint and keep the wall paper.


Anything is greatly appreciated.Need Help! I have painted over wall paper now paint is peeling I need to remove all of the paint I have sanded
I think the easiest way out would be to remove the paper and put up fresh lining paper.Need Help! I have painted over wall paper now paint is peeling I need to remove all of the paint I have sanded
Unless the paint can be washed off - like with warm water - without ruining the wallpaper, then I think your best bet is to just remove it all and start over.
I personally don't think there is much else you can do, but to use a steamer to strip off the wallpaper and start from scratch.
You are going to have to strip the whole thing and start again...sorry.
you ll need to strip the wall fill it and paint it ,or paper it
Nothing you do will make the paint go away and leave the walls looking good. You will have to strip the walls back and start again.
If probably isn't just the paint that is peeling. It's probably the top part of the wallpaper. When you get it ';wet'; by painting, the wallpaper lifts off the wall. If you're lucky and don't disturb it, sometimes it will dry and straighten back out. Most times it will still be ';buckled' at the seams.





Sounds to me like you are going to either have to strip the wallpaper, or if you can't remove the wallpaper easily, you may damage the walls to the point of re-sheetrocking. That's what my husband and I had to do in one of the houses we re-did.





Another suggestion is to spackle at the edges of the wallpaper that is still adhered to the wall, sand it smooth and repaint. I did this in my bedroom where pieces of the wallpaper were coming off but the rest was still stuck tight. I peeled off all I could, spackled over the spots that I had peeled back to the sheetrock, sanded it and painted and it looked fine. You have to be sure the wallpaper is really stuck tho wherever you're going to leave it.





Just a couple of ideas. Good luck whatever you do!!!
All of the wallpaper has to be removed and then you can refinish the walls any way you want.





The Muse
You are in quite a pickle my friend. Something at this point must be sacrificed for the sake of a good looking wall. I suggest that you cover the walls and paper with a 3/8 thick drywall and hang fresh paper for a professional look.Oh, have you considered paneling the walls?

No comments:

Post a Comment