Thursday, February 18, 2010

My paint is peeling off my walls, what do I use get take the rest of the paint off of the walls?

The paint that is peeling off is a acrylic semi-gloss. What kind of paint should I use to re-paint with?My paint is peeling off my walls, what do I use get take the rest of the paint off of the walls?
Do not wet your walls!! use a sander to remove the rest of the peeling paint. How much of your wall is peeling?? It sure would help if I could see it. If the whole wall is peeling it would be nice to know why? Was the acrylic paint put over oil?? is there to much humidity?? I would make sure to use a primer next time just in case the first layer was oil paint. Once you have applied a primer you can use latex (acrylic) paint again. If it was due to moisture I would probably put on a oil paint.





BrinMy paint is peeling off my walls, what do I use get take the rest of the paint off of the walls?
you can use paint thinner or a scraper. you should also have the house checked for lead
Try to get the paint wet w/ water, it comes off easier.
paint stripper!! works well on concrete too
the task of removing paint from an entire wall maybe to much for you 1/2 way thru the job and most likely not necessary.Never wet it down(moron idea),paint remover is also dumb for this application, sanding is not a wise idea for a dozen reasons.Simply pull the standing edges until they rip off clean(the remaining edge is laying flat on the wall).This may be very tedious,but is the correct procedure for a rubbery semi gloss water base that is not adhered well. When finished ,use Zinzer's 123 primer.This primer will bond to problem areas and will create a barrier if you have a moisture issue that originates from inside the room.You can use any water base over the primer.
Paint remover and scraping !!1 sanding is a good idea also if it is a good clean surface any kind of paint
Try paint remover or go to home depot or lowes and tell them.





And home depot or lowes can help you with what kind of paint you sould use for repainting the walls.














I hope I helped!!!
scrape off the loose stuff then sand. skim with some hot mud and sand again. sand whole wall. use a good primer. then paint desired color and gloss level.
get a paint pealer and peal it off!

No comments:

Post a Comment