Thursday, February 11, 2010

My dryer has paint peeling. Is it safe to use or can it be fixed? We are renting the house it is in.?

The drum has paint peeling and we were told to just peel off all the paint which will expose bare metal. Is this safe to use or can it be repainted or should we use a different dryer? We're nervous about using it as it may cause skin reactions or worse.My dryer has paint peeling. Is it safe to use or can it be fixed? We are renting the house it is in.?
I would not put any delicate materials in it. The heat seems like it would be intensified without the coating in the drum. I would not be worried about skin reactions..but I would be worried about it frying my clothes.My dryer has paint peeling. Is it safe to use or can it be fixed? We are renting the house it is in.?
get it checked if it over heating, check the lint tray first it may be full
Paint the part where it peeled off and let it dry for a few hours before using it.
They do make spray cans of paint that is for appliances. Or u can buy touch up paint for small areas. Make sure it is for a heated temperature method. I used that type of paint on my electric heaters and never had a problem.
I wouldn't use it. I would insist that the landlord replace it. The porcelin coating is there for a reason. Bare metal will get too hot, and could burn your clothes or start a fire. it sounds like an old piece of crap dryer, that is probably not anywhere near energy efficiant anyway. And God knows how much lint build up is inside the dryer and the vent pipe. The porcelin coating should not peel unless the dryer is getting too hot to begin with.





Insist that it be replaced for your own safety

No comments:

Post a Comment