Thursday, February 11, 2010

I've got some crumbling on the wall around my vent and peeling paint. Will drywall compound fix it all?

Old layers of paint have bubbled up, maybe due to moisture around the vent. the vent also has crumbling around it making it difficult to attach a vent cover. I'm not a home fixer type, but I was wondering, if I start mudding around the area is that going to help with the smoothness as well as give something for the vent screws to grab? Or is there something else I should be doing for the cracking parts?I've got some crumbling on the wall around my vent and peeling paint. Will drywall compound fix it all?
There are many ways to do this. 1 you can purchase a repair kit, the kit coes with screen compound and a plastic knife


2 you can use wire mesh after removing the vent cover, cut the hole out and smothe it out with compound


3 if it is a small area you can spakle around the vent and sand then paint itI've got some crumbling on the wall around my vent and peeling paint. Will drywall compound fix it all?
best way is alot of work. but you have to re-attach the vent to the wood (or metal) wallstud and then replace the damaged sheetrock (wallboard), then you can do the drywall compound work....and then you can paint.


the problem probably originated with the a/c or furnace de-humidifier/humidifier, they get dirty and clogged sometimes and have to be cleaned and mantained.
  • white hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment