Sunday, February 21, 2010

I have thick peeling paint in my upstairs bathroom--it's about 1/24th inch thick.?

Instead of removing all the paint (there are cracks, too.) I would like to remove the loose pieces and then make some kind of blotchy texture-type formula to sponge all over the walls and THEN paint (after it's dried in little splotches and peaks--)


Does anybody know how to make some kind of formula to texturize the walls.... my mother did it in our home when I was young. Any ideas/advice/websites would be helpful. thanks alot!I have thick peeling paint in my upstairs bathroom--it's about 1/24th inch thick.?
What I did in my bathroom was to scrape all the loose paint and then did a skim coat over all the patchy places with spackle. That way there were no lines showing through the paint and the surface was even. I actually used Kilz paint because it is often water and steam that cause this cracking. Then I just went and bought textured paint. You can have the store mix it to any thinkness that you want or you can put it up with a sponge in any pattern that you want. When that is throughly dry, you can decide if you want to paint the whole ceiling or just leave it the way it is.I have thick peeling paint in my upstairs bathroom--it's about 1/24th inch thick.?
scrape off what you can then use joint compound and a trowel(that will give you the texture your describing) after that dries use a good primer(something like DRY-LOK) a couple of coats of paint will be necessary also so you don' have the problem again.
You could mix fine grain sand in with the paint to make it rough.
u could get plater and plaster the cracks and then paint over it. remember to keep the plaster smooth or it will look weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment