Thursday, February 18, 2010

I am painting the concrete foundation around my house which has peeling paint. How do I prep and paint it?

Sand blast method is the standard, you can also use a high power pressure washer to remove flaking paint. You can rent either one and in rental store the caters to construction.





Once removed go to Lowe's and or home depot and by water block paint.


What the realtor wants is the re Application of the water barrier. It is generally white but you can have the paint department add color. This waterproof paint acts as an additional barrier from moisture or mold to your walls of your sub basement and or crawlspace. This is by no means cheap. the water proofing is usually 70-130 for a five gallon container which doesn't cover two coats on most houses.I am painting the concrete foundation around my house which has peeling paint. How do I prep and paint it?
I would get sandblasted and I do believe that it is not a very good idea to paint the foundations of a house , I have only seen a stucco finish on the foundations of homes and if someone painted them they are all peeled off and don't look very nice , the foundations should remain the natural colour of cement , however I was looking this question up because I wasn't certain and I have found this , found it rather interesting and therefore I'm sending it to you to read .








http://www.city-data.com/forum/house/892鈥?/a>








If that's the case read this





http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pag鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment