Thursday, February 18, 2010

How do I stop paint from peeling off the doors/cupboards of my house?

The paint on my doors, kitchen cupboards is peeling off. I don't mind repainting, but am afraid it will peel like it is doing now. HELP!How do I stop paint from peeling off the doors/cupboards of my house?
there's 2 options: 1, you can go back and lacquer them or put a sealer on them, but that's just a quick fix. Option 2 is to pull the section down, give it a light sanding with a 1500 grit, primer it, then paint it. Option 2 is rougher, but it'll last longer and so be more worth it and will give it a better look. Good luck!!How do I stop paint from peeling off the doors/cupboards of my house?
Make sure it is clean and dry before you start painting and follow the instructions on the can
buy better quality paint
you will need to remove all the old paint first, then sand down the wood a bit. then, apply a layer of primer, such as kilz. lastly, be sure to let each layer of paint dry thoroughly. if it's muggy where you are, try running a dehumidifier for a while after painting to reduce sticking.

No comments:

Post a Comment