Thursday, February 11, 2010

How do i repair cracking and peeling paint on my bathroom walls?

The previous owner of my house painted the bathroom really poorly, and now all that paint has cracked and peeled everywhere, I cannot afford to hire a painter so, I have to do it myself, I do not know where to starte help me please!!!!!!!How do i repair cracking and peeling paint on my bathroom walls?
The same old way it's been done for the last hundred yrs, a scraper and some sand paper. Then prime with a good interior primer, or you may want to try to use some mud first to even out the places where you had to scrape. It's not really as hard as it sounds, just time consuming.How do i repair cracking and peeling paint on my bathroom walls?
Scrape off as much as you can. Lightly sand. Wash with TSP powder and rinse. Paint with Kilz paint to repel moisture and prevent mildew.
sounds like they used oil based paint...not a good choice in there...





You need ventilation. Go to Home Depot or Lowe's and ask the for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment