Thursday, February 11, 2010

Can I tile right over peeling paint in my bathroom or should I remove the paint first?

The paint above my shower is peeling/bubbly from moisture, and I want to install tile up there to stop that from happening more.


Can I just lay the tile right over it or do I have to strip the paint first?Can I tile right over peeling paint in my bathroom or should I remove the paint first?
You must at least scrape the loose paint off to get to a smooth surface. Depending just how bad it was peeling, you may have to at least re primer the area where you are to tile.I suggest scraping and let it dry for a few days before tiling,


Any questions you can e mail me through my avatar and check my qualifications there. GLCan I tile right over peeling paint in my bathroom or should I remove the paint first?
tile hould be installed on a cement backer board first,gluing tiles to a painted ceiling wont work.

No comments:

Post a Comment