Sunday, February 21, 2010

My iron fence was repainted less than a year ago and the paint is now peeling.What can I do?

The painter used black spray paint (acrylic?). I want to repaint it myself. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.My iron fence was repainted less than a year ago and the paint is now peeling.What can I do?
first of all, you need to remove all loose paint and give rest of fence a good rub down, now use a primmer.


top coat on metal i always use hammerite paints, they are tough and last well, the best way to remove the loose and old paint is with a angle grinder and wire brush attachment..My iron fence was repainted less than a year ago and the paint is now peeling.What can I do?
Was your iron fence sandblasted down to *original-pure-base-metal* before putting on a proper base-sealing coat of paint, and *then* -- the proper final coat of metal paint, having the color of your choosing?





I ';do believe'; that your will be forced to follow this proper procedure to achieve a satisfactory *finished*, *lasting* job of painting your fence -- whether *YOU* put yourself through the toil and trouble, or pay some expert fence painters to do the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment