Thursday, February 18, 2010

The factory paint is peeling off the hood and roof of my 2001 Jeep XJ - anyone else with a similar problem?

The factory paint is peeling off the hood and roof. It is starting to chip off and crackle. It looks like the priming or painting at the factory was not performed correctly. All the rest of the vehicle has no problems. It is just the hood and roof panels. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Any chance that Jeep will correct the problem for me?The factory paint is peeling off the hood and roof of my 2001 Jeep XJ - anyone else with a similar problem?
I have not seen this problem on any of the newer Jeeps. Was a big problem in the 1980's.





It would surprise me if a Jeep dealer would help with an 8 year old vehicle. But it can't hurt to ask.





Mike





http://thejeepguru.comThe factory paint is peeling off the hood and roof of my 2001 Jeep XJ - anyone else with a similar problem?
No, I doubt they will fix it %26amp; blame it on sun damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment